DEPOT MANAGER INVERNESS VACANCY
Northwards Ltd are seeking a motivated Depot Manager to join their successful team at the depot in Inverness
The Depot Manager will manage all activity in the Inverness Depot to ensure the fleet is optimised, cost efficient and compliant with all transport health and safety regulatory standards.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the ideal candidate will be able to show at least 5 years commercial experience within a transport environment, have excellent communication and I.T skills and be able to be an active leader of a team.
Key job Duties & Responsibilities of Depot Manager
- Managing the daily transport, yard and admin operations.
- Full operational control of the operations across a 24/7 operation.
- Understanding and full utilisation of transport planning operating systems, including an understanding of optimum vehicle, work and route allocation.
- Providing cost effective operational planning and ensuring location budgets are achieved and cost effective distribution to contract hauliers.
- Maintaining safe operations at all times, having particular regard for health and safety and Operator’s licencing requirements.
- Communicate and liaise with other Depot Managers to ensure smooth and effective operations.
- Working together with other Managers to ensure communication between depots is effective at all times.
- Ensure the successful management of driver daily workflow and driver debrief process.
- Ensuring all drivers and office staff are properly trained and documentation is in line with requirements.
- Maintaining highest level of customer satisfaction.
Skills and Experience Ideally Required
- Commercial experience within a transport environment
- Knowledge and experience of the day-to-day running of a transport and distribution company.
- Experience with transport planning systems
- Excellent communication and I.T skills
- Scottish Market Knowledge
- Experience managing a team
- Full understanding of EU drivers hours and WTD
- Fully acquainted in all aspects of Operator’s Licence Requirement.
- CPC qualified or any other relevant qualifications
If you believe you have the majority of the requirements and wish to join a successful management team then apply enclosing CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Murray Prentice, Northwards Ltd, Anderson Base, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX