Northwards provides a high-quality freight and haulage service from/to our depots in Shetland, Orkney, Aberdeen, Inverness, Scrabster and Glasgow, and, through partner collaborations, throughout the UK and Europe.
We share a genuine commitment to putting customers first by providing on-time and reliable delivery of goods and equipment. Every member of our team has an important role to play in maintaining our standards and driving the business forward.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Administrator to join our team based in our Orkney depot.
This role includes liaising with our other 5 depots (Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Scrabster and Shetland) on a daily basis to ensure the efficient movement of customer’s freight throughout our networks.
- Data entry into company systems
- Handling customer requests via phone, email and face to face
- POD control
- Assisting the transport team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and ability to work under own initiative
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- Team working
- Reliable and flexible
- An interest in the transport industry would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
This post may suit a school leaver with an interest in the transport industry. There may also be an opportunity to lead to a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Admin (if local placement is available).
Monday – Friday 0800 – 1700
Saturday 0800 – 1200 (Based on 1 in 4 rota)
Hours may alter during busy times and to cover holidays
Salary dependent on age and experience
Please apply by email to email@example.com or in writing to Michael Foubister, Northwards Ltd, Innovation Centre, Hatston Pier Road, Crowness Business Park, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1ZL