VAN DRIVER (40 hours per week)
Northwards provides a high-quality freight and haulage service from/to our depots in Shetland, Orkney, Aberdeen, Inverness, Scrabster and Glasgow, and, through partner collaborations, throughout the UK and Europe.
We share a genuine commitment to putting customers first by providing on-time and reliable delivery of goods and equipment. Every member of our team has an important role to play in maintaining our standards and driving the business forward.
We are recruiting for a Van Driver to deliver goods across Shetland,
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), working 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, operating out of our Lerwick depot. There may be opportunities to work overtime, including on weekends, where applicable.
- Driving a van for the purposes of delivery and collection of goods across Shetland
- Planning routes efficiently to deliver goods in line with customer ETAs
- Loading and unloading goods, in line with health and safety standards
- Communicating with customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Recording and updating delivery reports
- Liaising with the transport office and other drivers to ensure that goods are managed correctly
- Conducting daily vehicle checks, ensuring that any defects found are reported accordingly
- Full UK driving licence
- Effective communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy to ensure deliveries are completed correctly
- Physically fit to be able to lift, load, unload, secure and deliver goods
- Good knowledge of the local delivery area and routes (preferable)
- Previous delivery driver experience (preferrable)
- Competitive salary, leave provisions and pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Training opportunities
- Group life assurance
How to apply:
Please apply by email to email@example.com or in writing to: Harry Andrews, Northwards Ltd, Anderson Base, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX.
For an informal discussion about the position, please phone Harry Andrews on 01595 694452.