WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (40 hours per week)
Northwards provides a high-quality freight and haulage service from/to our depots in Shetland, Orkney, Aberdeen, Inverness, Scrabster and Glasgow, and, through partner collaborations, throughout the UK and Europe.
We share a genuine commitment to putting customers first by providing on-time and reliable delivery of goods and equipment. Every member of our team has an important role to play in maintaining our standards and driving the business forward.
We are recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to work at our busy Lerwick depot.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), working 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. There may also be opportunities to work overtime on weekends, where applicable.
- Loading and unloading vehicles safely
- Taking receipt of deliveries and ensuring all goods match the relevant paperwork
- Keeping accurate records of the movement of goods, ensuring that the transport office is informed and kept up to date
- Keeping the warehouse and yard environment clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Following workplace health and safety rules
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules and schedules
- Maintaining warehouse equipment
- Driving and operating a Forklift
- Dealing with customer queries in a friendly and helpful manner
- Liaising with the transport office and drivers to ensure freight is managed correctly
- Occasional delivery duties
- 3T counterbalance forklift experience
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Physically fit to be able to lift, load, unload and secure cargo
- Familiar with warehouse environment (preferable)
- Full UK driving licence (preferable)
- General awareness and understanding of health and safety regulations (preferable)
- Competitive salary, leave provisions and pension scheme
- Access tour Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Training opportunities
- Travel insurance
- Group life assurance
How to apply:
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to
Harry Andrews, Northwards Ltd, Anderson Base, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX.
For an informal discussion about the position, please phone Harry Andrews on 01595 694452.